From time to time, I am crtitical of those to whom I collectively refer as the Authoritarian
Society and their associated values. One of these days, I will get around to building a full picture of what I take the culture of the Authoritarian Generation to mean. In the interim, I present the following Authoritarian values, all of which I reject:
- The person in whom authority has been invested is always right and always tells the truth.
- Anyone who questions the person in authority is to be socially, politically, and professionally ostracized.
- NEVER EVER rock the boat.
- Women are inferior to men. Period.
- The rights of the minority can always be sacrified in favor of the desires of the majority (Except in the case of women. See rule #4).
- Always blame the victim first, especially if that victim is non-white or female.
- Any person who deviates from mainstream society in any way shall be ostracized and is deserving of hatred and oppression.
- The needs of an individual are to be respected only on the following condition: the individual's needs are the same as the needs of the majority. Period.
- It's reasonable to fire, harrass, beat, or kill homosexuals simply because the majority chooses to hate and dehumanize them.